After you configure the Cloud App to work with inSync, you can use the Verify option to check if inSync can access your tenant. To use the Verify option, enter the email address of a user within your organization whose data needs to get backed up.
Note: inSync recommends that you you enter an organization user email address to check if the configuration works instead of an admin user.
When you use the Verify option, inSync performs the following checks as a part of verification:
For Microsoft 365:
- App authentication: This step checks if inSync can generate refresh tokens and access tokens for the application. This step detects permissions changed on the Office 365 side.
- User and user’s endpoints existence: This step checks if the user exists on the Office side.
- Licensing & other permission related checks (for OneDrive):This step checks for all the endpoints available for the user on the Office side.
- User mailbox existence (for Exchange Online): This step verifies if a mailbox exists for that user.
For G Suite:
- App authentication: This step checks if inSync can generate refresh tokens and access tokens for the application. If certain app specific permissions are revoked, then inSync identifies the error at this step.
- User existence: This step checks if the user exists on G Suite.
- User authentication: In this step inSync tries to generate JSON Web Tokens, and uses the email address to authenticate the user.
To verify the configuration of a configured Cloud App
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Data Sources > <Cloud App Name>.
2. On the Overview page, click and then click Verify.
3. In the Verify Configuration dialog that appears, select a user.
Note: Provide an email address in the Select a user field. User Principal Name (UPN) is not supported at the moment.
- When you select a user, inSync authenticates with the suite, checks if it can access users in the suite, and then checks if the user data for backup is available for the apps.
- If any of the steps fail, you are prompted with an error message. Click the error message to view the error details.
For Microsoft 365
For G Suite