As an inSync Cloud administrator, you can download the SharePoint Online backup data using the inSync Management Console.
You can download the entire site collection along with SharePoint settings as zipped folders in a <site collection name>.zip format. Druva inSync also allows you to do selective downloads for specific backed up sites and subsites using their metadata attributes. For more information, see Enterprise Search for backed up data.
Note: On Windows OS, if the compressed zip file size is too large, you may experience error unzipping the file using Windows Explorer. In such scenarios, you may choose another utility to unzip such large data sets.
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Data Sources > Microsoft 365. An overview page that provides a holistic view of all the configured Microsoft 365 app appears.
- On the left-hand panel, click SharePoint. A page that lists all the discovered sites appears.
- Click the site name you want to Download. The site page appears if you select an enabled site. If the site is not configured, you need to configure the site settings first and then trigger the backup activity.
- In the right pane, click the Backups tab. From all the listed backup site collections, browse and select the sites and subsites that you want to restore. Alternatively, you can use Search Site Collection, located at the top-right corner to search for files across your backed-up SharePoint Online sites and subsites.
- To use Search Site Collection, type the name of the file you are looking for in the box.
- Click Filters icon to narrow your search results.
- Use the following filters to refine your search criteria:
- File Type/File Extensions - Select the file type of the document.
- Modified between/Time Modified - Select the time range to get the list of files modified during a particular time range.
- Owner - Type the name of the owner of the file.
- Click Apply/Search. A list of files matching your search criteria is displayed.
- Select the site collection or a specific file that you want to download.
- Use the snapshot selector to select the snapshot from which you want to download the data.
- Click Download.
- If the SharePoint Online sites, subsites, lists, and document libraries have a “/” (forward slash) character in their name, the snapshot displays a “_“ (underscore)character instead of the “/” (forward slash).
- If the Enterprise Search feature is enabled for your organization, you can filter your search results using different metadata attributes or by typing the name of the specific backed up sites and subsites. For more information, see Search backed up data to restore.
- Click OK. The site collection is downloaded in a <site collection name>.zip format.