As an inSync Cloud administrator, you can schedule either automatic backups or perform an on-demand backup which is manual.
- Schedule automatic discovery of site collections, backup, and data retention policies
- Manual backup of SharePoint Online data
Before you begin
Before you initiate a backup operation for Office 365 app data, ensure the following:
- Go through the support matrix and inSync supported tasks for Office 365 app. See Introduction.
- You have completed the required inSync configurations for SharePoint Online. For more information, see Configure inSync to protect SharePoint Online data.
Schedule automatic discovery of site collections, backup, and data retention policies
You can schedule an automatic discovery and backup of site collections while configuring SharePoint Online. For more information, see Configuring SharePoint Online.
Manual backup of SharePoint Online data
As an inSync Cloud administrator, you can start an unscheduled backup of a site collection as and when necessary.
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Data Sources > Cloud Apps. The Manage Cloud Apps page appears.
- Click Office 365. An overview page that provides a holistic view of all the configured Office 365 app appears.
- On the left-hand panel, click SharePoint. A page that lists all the discovered sites appears.
- On the Manage Cloud Apps page, click Office 365 > SharePoint. A page that lists all the discovered sites appears.
- Click the site collection name you want to backup. The site page appears if you select an enabled site. If the site is not configured, you need to configure the site settings first and then trigger the backup activity.
- On the Summary tab, click Backup Now to trigger the backup. After the backup activity is completed, the Backup Status on the SharePoint page will change to Backed Up Successfully.
Note: If the SharePoint Online sites, subsites, lists, and document libraries have a '/' (forward slash) character present in their title, the “/” is replaced with an “_” (underscore) character before backing up the data.