As an inSync Cloud administrator, you can configure inSync with Office 365 for SharePoint Online and automatically discover and protect site collections.
Druva inSync discovers and supports back up of the following site collection types:
- Classic sites: The SharePoint site collection used for project collaboration, intranet portal pages, record storage and so on.
- Team sites (hidden sites for 365 Groups, Teams' Web App): A site collection used for teams to work on projects, and share information and files from any device. A team site automatically creates an Office 365 group and any user that you add to the team site gets added to the Office 365 group. These sites are not listed in the SharePoint sites list.
Druva inSync Cloud administrator can avail the following benefits while protecting the SharePoint Online data:
- Customizable backup frequency: Discover SharePoint Online sites and protect data as per their organization's Recovery Point objectives.
- Flexible recovery location: Restore SharePoint Online data to the original site or as a copy within the site or simply download it.
- On-demand restore: Restore SharePoint Online data on demand.
- Granular restore capability: An option to do a full site restore or an object level restore, making restores more efficient.
Supported Office 365 editions
Druva inSync supports the following Microsoft Office 365 editions:
Data backed up by Druva inSync for SharePoint Online
You can backup the following SharePoint Settings and SharePoint Data for SharePoint Online:
SharePoint Site Settings
The following data types are backed up for SharePoint Online
- Users and Permissions
- People and groups
- Site permissions
- Site collection administrators (Top-level site)
- Site administration
- Regional Settings
- Language Settings - Default Language
- Language Settings - All supported Languages
- Sites and workspaces
- Look and Feel
- Site Title and description
- Logo URL
- Logo Description
- Navigation Elements
- Master Page
- Site Templates
- Quick Launch
- Top Link Bar
- Site Actions
- Manage site features
- Site Collection Administration
- Site Collection Features
- Site hierarchy
- List/Library Settings
- Rating settings
- Versioning settings
- Advanced settings
- Validation settings
- Title, description, and navigation
- Audience targeting settings
- Column default values settings
- Calendar View
- Datasheet View
- Gantt View
- Standard View
The following data is backed up for SharePoint Online:
- Team sites (Office 365 Groups, and Team’s hidden sites)
- Classic sites
Within a site, inSync backs up the following:
• Master Pages
• Site Templates (Solution Gallery)
• Document Libraries
• Form Templates
• Metadata associated with site collections, sites, libraries, list, templates, assets, folders, files, and permissions.
API limitations for back up of SharePoint Online data:
- Unpublished site pages will not be backed up.
- Checked out files and folders will not be backed up.
- Contents in the recycle bin will not be backed up.
- Forms folder is displayed by default in every folder for every backed up site collection and will not be restored.
- If the SharePoint Online sites, subsites, lists, and document libraries have a '/' (forward slash) character present in their title, the “/” is replaced with an “_” (underscore) character before backing up the data.
Supported inSync tasks for SharePoint Online
|Backup of data||Restore of data to a custom location||Download of data by inSync Cloud admin and inSync user||Enterprise Search||Legal Hold||Scan the data for compliance risks|
inSync Cloud administrator can do an in-place restore as well as restore as a copy for a site collection
inSync user cannot download any data.
Required permissions for access to SharePoint Online
Druva inSync requires the following permissions to access and protect SharePoint Online data:
- Have full control of all site collections
- Read managed metadata
- Read items in all site collections
- Read user profiles