Druva inSync extends its data availability and governance capabilities to OneDrive.
Using Druva inSync, you can protect and backup OneDrive data which includes OneDrive user's private files and folders and metadata attributes.
As a Druva inSync Cloud administrator and user, you can retrieve and restore or download OneDrive data in the event of accidental deletion or malicious activities; for future reference and business continuity.
You can manage the OneDrive through the following:
- Monitor the status of OneDrive using Alerts.
- Get insights into the ongoing backup and restore activities on your OneDrive using Live Activities.
- Generate reports to view a summary of events and activities that have occurred during a specific period.
Druva inSync with Governance feature, allows you to analyze and identify usage trends of user data backup, globally search and filter files and folders across all devices, and set up real-time alerts to handle IT issues proactively. Also, view and track activities of Druva inSync users and administrators using Audit Trails.
You can preserve user's OneDrive backup data and avoid data deletion by placing the users on legal hold. You can then access the user's legal hold data from Microsoft 365 by using WebDAV.
Druva inSync offers the following benefits while protecting the OneDrive data:
- Single access point to view and manage user's OneDrive data.
- Automatically scan the data for compliance violations, thereby reducing the amount of time that IT personnel spend manually collecting and managing data.
- Enable administrators to search and locate any file across all OneDrive data.
- Proactively track, monitor, and get notified for compliance risks of OneDrive data in your organization.
Supported Microsoft 365 editions
Druva inSync supports the following Microsoft 365 editions:
Data backed up by Druva inSync for OneDrive
The following data is backed up for OneDrive app:
User's private files and folders
Supported inSync tasks for OneDrive
|Backup of data||Restore of data to a custom location||Download of data by inSync Cloud admin and inSync user||Enterprise Search||Legal Hold||Scan the data for compliance risks|
Required permissions for access to OneDrive
Druva inSync requires the following permissions to access and protect OneDrive data:
- Read directory data