Druva inSync extends its data availability and governance capabilities to Exchange Online.
Using Druva inSync, you can protect and backup Exchange Online data which includes emails, contacts, calendars, notes, and tasks.
As a Druva inSync Cloud administrator and user, you can retrieve and restore or download Exchange Online data in the event of accidental deletion or malicious activities; for future reference and business continuity.
You can manage the Exchange Online through the following:
- Monitor the status of Exchange Online using Alerts.
- Get insights into the ongoing backup and restore activities on your Exchange Online using Live Activities.
- Generate reports to view a summary of events and activities that have occurred during a specific period.
Druva inSync with Governance feature, allows you to analyze and identify usage trends of user data backup, globally search and filter files and folders across all devices, and set up real-time alerts to handle IT issues proactively. Also, view and track activities of Druva inSync users and administrators using Audit Trails.
You can preserve user's Exchange Online backup data and avoid data deletion by placing the users on legal hold. You can then access the user's legal hold data from Office 365 by using WebDAV.
Druva inSync offers the following benefits while protecting the Exchange Online data:
- Single access point to view and manage user's Exchange Online data.
- Automatically scan the data for compliance violations, thereby reducing the amount of time that IT personnel spend manually collecting and managing data.
- Enable administrators to search and locate any file across all Exchange Online data.
- Proactively track, monitor, and get notified for compliance risks of Exchange Online app data in your organization.
Supported Office 365 editions
Druva inSync supports the following Microsoft Office 365 editions:
Data backed up by Druva inSync for Exchange Online
The following data is backed up for Exchange Online app:
- Mailbox (for the individual user and shared)
- Calendar events
- Emails with attachments
- Archived emails with attachments
- Notes: Entire notes folder within the Exchange Online server mailbox of a user
- Tasks within the Exchange Online server mailbox of a user
Within your tasks folder, you can back up the following:
- All tasks folders' data irrespective of their status or categorization such as Active, Overdue, Complete.
- Messages that are flagged as important
- Task attributes such as start and due date, status, subject, priority, and reminder
- Attachments associated with the tasks such as OneDrive, Group Files, Links, Outlook attachments, and files uploaded from a device.
Recoverable Items folders:
Supported inSync tasks for Exchange Online
|Backup of data||Restore of data to a custom location||Download of data by inSync Cloud admin and inSync user||*Enterprise Search||Legal Hold||**Scan the data for compliance risks|
*Enterprise Search does not support the deletion of emails for Exchange Online data.
*Enterprise Search is not supported for Tasks.
*Enterprise Search feature availability may be limited based on the license type, region, and other criteria. To access this feature, contact your Druva Account Manager or Druva Support. For more information, see Enterprise Search backed up data to restore.
**Administrators cannot delete, resolve, or quarantine the violations. inSync for Exchange Online only supports scanning of data to proactively track, monitor, and get notified for data compliance risks.
Required permissions for access to Exchange Online
Druva inSync requires the following permissions to access and protect Exchange Online data:
- Read mail in all mailboxes
- Read contacts in all mailboxes
- Read calendars in all mailboxes
- Use Exchange Web Services with full access to all mailboxes
- Read user contacts
- Read user calendars
- Read user mails