You can perform data restore from the Restore tab. You need to select the Salesforce object and the source and target snapshots between which your want to restore data. Based on the values you specify, records are displayed on the tab. You can also click the records to view fields of each record.
The fields displayed on the Restore tab are described in the table below. How to compare and restore records is described under Restore Salesforce data from Druva inSync for Salesforce section.
Enter Salesforce object name for which you want restore data. This field auto-populates object names as you begin to enter object names, making it easy to select the required object.
Snapshot before data loss/corruption
Specify the snapshot date and the snapshot from which you want to restore the Salesforce data. The snapshot selected under this field will be the source from which data will be restored. Make sure the date and snapshot selected under this field are earlier than the snapshot that you plan to restore.
Snapshot after data loss/corruption
Specify the snapshot date and the snapshot which has suffered corruption or data loss and needs to be restored. The data in the snapshot selected under this field will be replaced during restore.
Show record which were
Filters records displayed on the tab based on the option selected from the list.
Search by record name
(Search by field name)
Searches the of records displayed on the tab based on the search string entered in this field. The field label changes to Search by field name when you click a record to view its fields.
Only those records or fields with names that match the search string are filtered. For example, to search record or field names starting with Billing, you can search with search string 'Bill' or 'bill' but not 'ill'.
To clear the search result and return to the list view of records or fields, click in the search box or delete the search string.
inSync backs up Salesforce Objects based on the backup frequency set for the account. Backups are stored as snapshots, which are recognized by their date and time of creation. Thus, you need to select two snapshots of the Salesforce object to perform a restore.
On the Restore tab, you can drill-down into a record to view and compare the field values between the two snapshots. The view displays field values backed up in the snapshots specified on the Restore tab. Updated or changed fields are highlighted on the tab.
You can, therefore, compare the field values before actually restoring them. The app allows you to restore individual or multiple records with their respective child records.
Restore of Files data in Salesforce
Salesforce manages the items listed under Files through the following objects:
- ContentVersion: Stores the actual file and the backed up versions of a file.
- ContentDocument: Stores all the file related information about the latest version of a file.
- ContentDocumentLink: Tracks and stores the links and share associations of a file.
inSync backs up the above objects and supports restore of Files data from object ContentDocument and ContentDocumentLink.
Druva recommends restoring Files data from the ContentDocument object as it restores the file along with its linked associations.
To reinstate any deleted or updated associations of a File item, the Salesforce administrator can perform a selective restore from the ContentDocumentLink object.
Restore records from Druva inSync for Salesforce
To restore Salesforce data using Druva inSync for Salesforce:
- Launch the Druva inSync for Salesforce and open the Restore tab.
- Enter the Salesforce object name under Select Object. The field auto-completes your text and helps in entering the correct object name.
- Under Snapshot before data loss/corruption, select a date and a snapshot that will overwrite the snapshot that has suffered data loss/corruption.
- Under Snapshot after data loss/corruption, select a date and a snapshot that you want to replace with the snapshot selected in the previous step.
- Select the appropriate option from Updated, Deleted, and Updated or Deleted under Show record which were.
- Click View. Druva inSync for Salesforce displays a list of records in the contents pane. The records may have undergone data loss/corruption or may have been updated in the time interval between the specified snapshots. If the list of records extends into multiple pages, pagination controls (Previous and Next) are enabled on the app at the bottom of the app.
- To compare the data within a record before performing the actual restore, click the record. The app displays a tabular list of fields within the record and their values. The values are displayed in two columns, each corresponding to the date and time of the specified snapshots. Rows in which values have changed are highlighted to help you easily identify the changed fields.
- You can also enter a search string in the Search box to find a specific record or field.
- Select the checkbox against the record which you want to restore. You can select multiple records to restore.
To select all the records of the object, select the checkbox at the top of the records list and then click the Select all records of this object link. The link label changes to Selected all records of this object.
- If you select the checkbox at the top of the record list, only those records which are displayed on the tab will get selected, and not the entire list of records of the selected object.
- After selecting all records, if you clear any one or more checkboxes, the selected records count changes accordingly and the Selected all records of this object links is removed.
The count of the records selected for restore is displayed at the bottom next to the Restore button.
- Click Restore. The Restore Options dialog box will be displayed with the following options:
- Include deleted child records: Restores even the child records that were deleted in data loss or corruption.
- Exclude deleted child records: Excludes child records while performing the data restore for the record.
- Select the appropriate option on Restore Options dialog and click Next. The dialog displays the summary of restore that you are about to perform.
- Click Yes to restore the records.