An inSync administrator can anytime edit a Salesforce configuration based on their requirement. However, only the following configuration can be edited,
- Daily API Quota
- Backup Frequency
Note: You cannot change the Salesforce Storage assigned to the Salesforce configuration.
About Daily API quota
As a Salesforce administrator, you must be aware of the daily API usage limit set for your organization by Salesforce. Typically, the API limit is set based on the criticality of that applications that you use in Salesforce and the size of data your organization generates on a daily basis. Druva inSync for Salesforce utilizes maximum APIs during its first backup. Since subsequent backups are incremental, minimal APIs are consumed and hence, the API quota can be reset accordingly.
Druva recommends that you calculate the data generation in your environment before you configure the API quota.
You must specify appropriate number of API calls that inSync must consume while backing up objects from your Salesforce organization. Here is a guideline on the number of API calls, that inSync consumes while performing Salesforce objects backup.
Initial or first backup
inSync uses bulk APIs for first backup
*Depends on number of fields in each record and size of the record.
By default, 15000 API calls are configured for use for daily backups. inSync stops back up of Salesforce objects, after it consumes the specified number of API calls.
To edit the configuration for a Salesforce Organization,
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Data Source > Cloud Apps. Manage Cloud Apps page appears.
- From the Cloud App list, select Salesforce and then click Configure. You are displayed a list of Salesforce accounts that are registered for backup in inSync.
- Click on the Salesforce organization Org Id, for which you want to edit the configuration. Details of the Salesforce organization is displayed.
- In the Configuration area, click Edit. Salesforce Configuration window appears.
- Under Configuration,
- Daily API Quota - Based on the number of records and their size, calculate and specify the API calls that inSync should use for daily backups. Default limit is 15000 APIs.
- Backup Every - Specify the time interval between every backup, after which inSync should backup your Salesforce data.
- Click Save to update the configuration.
inSync complies to the updated configuration and backs up Salesforce data based on the configuration specified.