You as an inSync administrator can download Salesforce object data backed up by inSync for a particular Salesforce organization. Since backups are stored in snapshots, you can view the object data from specific snapshots and download it.
inSync creates a .csv file for each record selected for the download. All the .csv files are collected in a folder and the folder is downloaded in a compressed or zipped format. The download location of the zipped folder depends on the location set in your browser setting. If any of the records that you have selected for download has attachments, then the attachments are downloaded in a separate folder labeled with the record name.
Note: This procedure provides steps to download data for a Salesforce organization from inSync Management Console. To download data from Druva inSync for Salesforce application, that resides in Salesforce environment, see Download Salesforce object data from the Druva inSync for Salesforce app.
- Atleast one backup should have happened of the Salesforce organization for which you want to download the data.
- Ensure pop-ups are unblocked in your browser before you download object data.
To download object data for a Salesforce organization,
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Data Source > Cloud Apps. Manage Cloud Apps page appears.
- From the Cloud App list, select Salesforce and then click Configure. You are displayed a list of Salesforce accounts that are registered for backup in inSync.
- Click on the Salesforce organization Org Id, for which you want to download the data. Details of the Salesforce organization is displayed.
- Click Download. Download Data window appears.
- By default, the latest snapshot data is displayed on the window. If you want to download data from an earlier snapshot, under Select Snapshot , specify the snapshot date and select a snapshot from the snapshot list. A list of objects backed up for your account will be displayed.
- Select the Salesforce objects for which you want to download data. You can also use the search box to find the objects.
To download data of all the objects, select the check box placed beside Name.
- Click Download. A data file in .csv format is downloaded on your system in a zipped folder. The download location will depend on browser settings on your system. If you have selected multiple objects for download, all the data files are downloaded in the zipped folder.