The availability of this feature may be limited based on the license type, region, and other criteria. To access this feature, contact your Druva Account Manager or Druva Support.
With Salesforce integration, Salesforce administrators have direct access to a unified data protection platform from within Salesforce to backup, archive, manage, and view their data for availability.
Salesforce administrators have the following benefits of integrating Salesforce with Druva inSync,
- Object Level Backup and Recovery: Time indexed snapshots, direct access and visibility of Salesforce data down to the object level including custom objects from third-party applications, provides data granularity for review, comparison and recovery.
- Dedicated Salesforce Dashboard: Druva inSync provides a single view directly from within Salesforce (Druva inSync App for Salesforce) for administrators to manage backup policies, perform object level recovery and configure alerts as needed.
As a Cloud administrator, you can configure different Salesforce environments or organizations (orgs) as listed in the Supported Cloud Apps Editions. You can configure inSync to integrate with Salesforce by using the Salesforce Cloud app, available through the inSync Management Console. When you configure inSync to backup your Salesforce organization, inSync installs its own application (app) - inSync app - in your Salesforce environment. Salesforce administrators can access the app from Salesforce app menu or from the app launcher. The app helps Salesforce administrators to manage backup and restore of Salesforce objects. For detailed information on how to access and use inSync app for Salesforce to backup, restore, and download your Salesforce data, see inSync app for Salesforce.
Configuring inSync to backup your Salesforce data involves:
- Register Salesforce organization in inSync Management Console.
It involves the following,
- Grant inSync permissions to access Salesforce data.
- Install inSync app for Salesforce in your Salesforce environment.
- Configure the registered Salesforce organization and make it ready for the first backup.
- Configure and enable Salesforce Backup Failed alert to receive notification for failed Salesforce backups. For more information, see Configure Alert Settings.
- After you register and configure Salesforce organization in inSync, use inSync app for Salesforce to backup, restore, and download your Salesforce data. For more information, see Use inSync app for Salesforce.
Note: You can configure a Salesforce organization for backup using a Salesforce administrator with System Administrator profile only.