inSync extends its data availability and governance capabilities to cloud apps, starting with Microsoft Office 365.
As a cloud administrator, you can configure inSync to integrate with Office 365. This integration lets you follow and govern user data - across endpoints such as laptops and mobile, and in cloud applications.
inSync uses the email address of inSync users to map the users to their Microsoft Office 365 account.
inSync uses either of the following information to map the users to their Microsoft Office 365 account
- Email address of inSync users
- User Principal Name (UPN) from a configured Active Directory.
To configure the user account access settings, see Configure user account access settings.
Cloud Apps backup data is not a part of individual user's quota. To know what is a user quota, see Assign user quota for data backup.
What all Office 365 data can you back up and restore?
Once inSync integrates with Office 365, you can back up the following items:
- Data from OneDrive.
- Data from Exchange Online such as mailbox (for individual user and shared), contacts, and calendar events.
- Data from SharePoint sites.
Note: inSync for SharePoint Online is currently under controlled availability. If your organization wants to use inSync for SharePoint Online, contact Druva Support.
Prerequisites for backing up and restoring Office 365 data
In addition to the prerequisites for backing up cloud apps data, ensure that you have the following:
- You have an Office 365 Global administrator account with a valid Office 365 license.
- You have configured inSync to integrate with Office 365. For more information, see How to configure inSync with Office 365?
How to back up and restore Office 365 data?
To integrate inSync with OneDrive, Exchange Online and SharePoint Online in Office 365, execute the following steps:
- Configure the inSync app to integrate with Office 365.
- Back up Office 365 data, by creating a profile or updating an existing profile.
- Restore Office 365 data, at the user's desktop or a custom location of your choice.
- Enable eDiscovery for cloud apps data.
You can then perform either of the following tasks: