inSync Cloud Editions: Elite Plus Elite Enterprise Business
inSync enables administrators to import and add Microsoft 365 users from Azure AD in the following ways:
- Auto-import of users: Schedule automatic import of users based on the Azure AD mapping criteria defined.
- Allows automatic import of new users from Azure AD based on the defined Azure AD mapping
- Allows automatic updates of user details with Azure AD.
- Automatic synchronization of inSync users with Azure AD.
For more information, see Create Azure AD mapping.
- Manual import of user(s): You can quickly import and add a user(s) as per your need using the Import Users from Azure AD option.
Import Users from Azure AD (Manual)
Before you begin
Before you add users by importing information from Azure AD, ensure the following:
- You or an administrator created the profile that you want to assign to the user.
- You created the storage where you want inSync to back up the user data.
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Users.
- Click Import > Import Users from Azure AD. The Import Users window appears.
- In the Import Users window, enter the following details:
- Email Address: Search and enter the email address of the user(s) that you wish to import.
- Profile: Select a profile that you want to assign to the users that you import using Azure AD.
- Storage: Select storage where the users' data should be backed up.
- Default Quota: Provide a default storage quota per user as per your requirement. The default value is zero that is unlimited storage.
- Send activation email to newly added users: Select this check box to notify the newly added users via email. By default, this option is selected.
- Click Save.