The availability of this feature may be limited based on the license type, region, and other criteria. To access this feature, contact your Druva Account Manager or Druva Support.
As an inSync Cloud administrator, you can schedule either automatic backups or perform an on-demand backup, which is manual.
- Schedule automatic discovery of Public folder and configure backup
- On demand or Manual backup of Public folder data
Backup of Public folder involves backup of Public folder metadata and configuration, mails, calendars, contacts, and so on. For more information about the Public folder data backed up by inSync, see Data backed up by inSync for Public folder.
Before you begin
Before you initiate a backup operation for Microsoft 365 app data, ensure that:
Schedule automatic discovery of Public folders and configure backup
You can schedule an automatic discovery and backup of Public folder while configuring Public folder. For more information, see Configure inSync to protect Public folder.
On-demand or manual backup of Public folders data
As an inSync Cloud administrator, you can start an unscheduled backup of the following as and when necessary:
Perform the following steps to initiate a manual backup for specific Public folder using the Summary or Activity Stream tab.
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Data Sources > Microsoft 365. An overview page that provides a holistic view of all the configured Microsoft 365 app appears.
- On the left-hand panel, click Public folder . A page that lists all the discovered Public folder appears.
- Click the Public folder name you want to backup. If the Public folder is not configured, you need to configure the Public folder first and then trigger the backup activity.
- On the Summary or Activity tab, click Backup Now to trigger the backup. After the backup activity is completed, the Backup Status on the Public folder page will change to Backed Up Successfully.