An inSync cloud administrator can restore the user data that is backed up from Box.
You can restore the data backed up from Box to a user's device. If the user has multiple devices, you can choose the device on which you want to restore the Box data. However, you cannot restore Box data to a mobile device, or restore another endpoint's data to a Box account.
You can restore Box data to the following locations on the user's device:
- On the user's desktop
- On a custom location of your choice
For restore, you can use Search to easily find and restore selected files.
To restore Box data
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Availability > Restore. The Restore Overview page appears.
- Under the All Users tab, from the All Users list, select the user whose data you want to restore.
- Click Restore. The Restore Data window appears.
- Click the device and then select the snapshot which you want to restore. Alternatively, you can use Search to search for files that you want to restore.
- Select the files or folders that you want to restore, and click Restore to Device.
Note: You cannot restore files with the same names simultaneously.
- On the Restore to Device window, provide details on the following:
Field Action Restore to device Select the device where you want to restore the Box data. Restore to Location
If you want to restore data to a desktop, click Desktop.
If you want to restore data to a custom location, click Custom Location.
Specify custom location
If you want to restore data to a custom location, enter the location in the Specify custom location box.
- Click OK.
After the restore operation is completed, you can click View Details to view the restore details, such as, the state of restore, number of files restored, and the number of files missed.