You can allow users associated with a profile to share files by using links, which they can share with anyone within or outside your organization. As an administrator, you can make it mandatory for users to protect these links with passwords. You can also define the number of days after which a share link expires.
Users can create the following types of share links:
- Download links: Users can create download links for any file or folder. Recipients of download links can download the file or folder shared by the user.
- View links: Users can create view links for Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and PDF documents. Recipients of view only links can only view the file shared with them using the Druva inSync viewer.
Note: You can allow users to share data using download or view links through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
Before you begin
Before you allow users to create share links, ensure that you enabled sharing.
Allow users to create share links
To allow users to create share links
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to allow users to create share links.
- Click the Share tab.
- Click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Select the Enable Link Sharing check box.
- If you want to enforce password-protected share links, select the Mandatory passwords for links check box.
- In the Link expires in box, type the number of days, from the link creation date, after which you want the links to expire. Druva inSync users or guest users cannot access the shared content after the link expires.
- Click Save.