Cloud administrators can create different roles for legal administrators. Using roles, cloud administrators can provide legal administrator selective access rights to the actions that they can perform on a legal hold policy and also restrict their access to selective legal hold policies.
To create a role for a legal administrator
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click > Administrators. The Administrators and Roles page appears.
- Click the Roles tab.
- Click Create Role. The Create New Role window appears.
- On the Summary page, provide the appropriate information for each field.
Field Action Name Type the name for this role. Description Type a short description for this role.
Import rights from
Select Legal Admin.
Note: You must always select Legal Admin from the Import rights from drop-down box to view the rights available for legal administrators.
- Click Next. The Assign Rights page appears.
- On the Assign Rights page, select the right that you want to create for a legal administrator. You can also select multiple rights. For information on the accesses associated with each right, see Administrator roles and responsibilities.
The details for each right is described in the table below:
Right Description Create and manage legal holds Allows legal administrators to only create legal hold policies and view all legal hold policies. Administrators with this right can also add and edit custodians to a legal hold policy.
View legal hold
Allows legal administrators to only view selective legal hold and access WebDAV data. This right allows Cloud administrator to allow access only to selective legal holds. Cloud administrators can select the legal holds for which they want to allow access on the Access Control tab while creating a legal administrator.
Delete legal hold Allows legal administrators to view and delete selective legal holds and access WebDAV data for those selective legal holds. Similar to the View legal hold right, cloud administrators can select the legal holds for which they want to allow access on the Access Control tab while creating a legal administrator.
- Click Finish. The role appears in the Roles list.
If you want to assign specific legal hold policies to a Legal administrator, see How to assign specific legal hold policies to legal administrators?.