The following table lists the user activities that you can filter according to the activity types.
- If an administrator has updated the profile for a user, Druva inSync displays the user activities performed only after the profile change .
However, Druva inSync records all the user activities, performed before and after profile change, and displays it under common list of Audit Trails that contains all the activities for all the Druva inSync users.
View user activities
To view user activities:
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Governance > Audit Trails.
- Click the User Audit Trail tab.
- Apply Filters to view audit trail specific to user, activity type, and time period.
- In the User section, enter the email ids of the users you want to filter the audit trail for. You can enter multiple comma-separated valid email ids. The activity trail for invalid email ids will not be displayed.
- In the Activity Type list, click the filter that you want to apply. The list of activities and related filters is listed in the table below.
- In the Time Period list, select the period for which you want to view the list of user activities.
- Click View. The activity results for the filters applied will be displayed. By default no activities will be displayed.
Displays all activities of all users.
Note: Files & Folders (additional) activities will not be displayed.
|Access & Backup||
Select the required filters to view the details of the following activities related to Access & Backup.
Select the required filters to view the details of the following activities related to Collaborator.
|Files & Folders||
Select the required filters to view the details of the activities related to Files & Folders.
|Files & Folders (Additional)||
Select the required filters to download the details of the activities related to inSync Share Files & Folders (Additional).
Select the required filters to view the details of the activities related to Links.
Select the required filters to view the details of the activities related to Workspace.
Download or view user audit trail
As an administrator, you can download the user audit trail in HTML or CSV format. Cloud administrators can view and download audit trail of all users. However, profile administrators can view and download user activity of only those profiles that are assigned to the profile administrator. Additionally, users who have data protection officer role & view only role can view and download the user audit trail.
To download or view user audit trail:
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Governance.
- Click the User Audit Trail tab.
- In the Activity Type list, click the filter that you want to use.
- In the Time Period list, click the period for which you want to view the list of user activities.
- In the Download list, click the file format in which you want to download the data about user activity.
- Click View to view the audit trail activity results.
The downloaded file is saved at the default download location of your web browser.
User Audit Trail report details
HTML format sample report
CSV format sample report
|Generated||Date and timestamp when the report is generated.|
|Activities||Activity type for which the report is generated.|
|Interval||The time period selected to generate the report.|
|Time Zone||The time zone for the country that is selected.|
|Audit Trail||The audit trail for which the report is generated.|
|Username||Username of the user who performed the activity.|
|Email ID||Email id of user who performed the action.|
The activity type the user selected to perform.
|Item||Details of the files/folder/User on which event is performed.|
|IP Address/ Device||
User's public IP address is logged if the activity is performed from inSync Web.
Device name is logged if the activity is performed from a Client device.
|Time||Timestamp when the activity is performed.|
|Details||Details of the activity performed.|
Time period filter
Druva inSync displays the user activities list based on the duration that you select in the Time Period list. The options available in the Time Period list is dependent on how the audit retention period is configured. By default, the audit retention period for users is to 30 days and the options available in the Time Period list are Today, Last 7 days, and Last 30 days. By default, the time period is set to Last 7 days.
To view user activities for more than 30 days, you must change the audit trail retention policy for the users.
Note: User audit trail for File & Folder (additional) activities will be retained for 3 months only.