Step 1: Create a profile
To create and apply a compliance policy to end-user data, you must create a profile and associate users to that profile. For more information, see Create a profile.
Step 2: Create a compliance policy
To check the end-user data for compliance violations, you must create a compliance policy and apply that policy to the profiles in your organization. For more information about creating a compliance policy, see Manage compliance policy.
inSync provides predefined policy templates and sensitive data. If the predefined items do not suit your business requirements, you can create a custom policy template and sensitive data. For more information on creating and managing policy template and sensitive data, see Manage policy template and Manage sensitive data.
Step 3: View the Compliance Dashboard policy validation
Once you create a compliance policy, you can view the visual representation on the Compliance Dashboard. The visual representation indicates adherence to compliance regulations in your company.
To view the Compliance Dashboard:
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Governance > Compliance. The Compliance page appears.
For more information, see Compliance page.
Step 4: Generate reports
You can generate Non-Compliance File Report and Non-Compliance Email Report to view the details related to file violations and email violations respectively.
To generate the report:
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Reports. The Manage Reports page appears.
- If you want to generate a report for file violations, click Non-Compliance File Report. If you want to generate a report for email violations, click Non-Compliance Email Report.
The report will be displayed once it is generated. You can then either download the report to your computer, or email the report to your company account.
Step 5: Track the administrator-related activities for compliance policy
You can track the administrator activities pertaining to compliance policy.
inSync creates entry in the admin audit trail whenever the inSync cloud administrator or legal administrator performs the following actions:
- Resolve a violation
- Unresolve a violation
- Quarantine a violation
- Unquarantine a violation
- Download a violation
inSync also creates an entry in the admin audit trail if a violation is auto resolved.
To track the administrator activities:
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Governance > Audit Trails. The Audit Trails page appears.
- Click the Admin Audit Trails tab. The list of activities appears in the right pane.
For more information, see View audit trail for administrators.