As a Druva Cloud administrator, you can implement the Geofencing policy for Druva inSync users in your organization by configuring the profile associated with Druva inSync users.
Only a Druva Cloud administrator can enable Geofencing.
After enabling the Geofencing policy for a profile, all Druva inSync users associated with that profile are restricted to perform the following operations only after connecting to your corporate network:
- Access inSync Web
- Restore data by using inSync Client
Note: After you enable Geofencing for a profile, users will be directed to inSync Web when they perform restore from inSync Client.
Before you begin
You must log in as a Druva Cloud Administrator on the inSync Management Console.
Enable Geofencing policy for Druva inSync users
To enable the Geofencing policy for Druva inSync users
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the Profile for which you want to enable the Geofencing policy.
Profile details appear on the page.
- Click the Devices tab > Data Loss Prevention, click Edit. The Edit Device Backup Configuration window appears.
- In the DLP for Laptops & Desktops area select the Geofencing check box.
- Under Geofencing, select the Allow access to inSync Web only through public gateway IPs check box.
- Click Save.
The Geofencing policy is activated for all Druva inSync users with the associated profile. The policy will come into effect the next time the users' login into Druva inSync.