inSync’s Data Loss Prevention functionality is an effective solution that reduces the total economic impact of a lost or stolen laptop or mobile device for enterprises. It provides powerful, multi-layered protection of critical data residing in your organization’s devices such as:
- Encrypt content of the device to protect it from unauthorized access. The content is converted into unreadable code that cannot be decoded easily.
- Disallow users to pre-download content from inSync Master on their mobile device to read the content when the mobile is not in the network.
- Disallow other applications to access inSync content.
- Trace a lost, misplaced, or a stolen device. This adds an extra layer of security to devices and allows wiping data from inSync Share and backup folders of the device.
- Auto-delete content from the user device if it does not connect to inSync Master for a stipulated period.
Note: You must have the license for inSync Data Loss Prevention to perform any of the activities explained in this section. Contact email@example.com for the license.
In this section
The following table lists the tasks that you require to use DLP.
|Enable data encryption||Enable data encryption|
|Secure content inside inSync App||Secure content inside inSync Mobile App|
|Enable device trace||Enable device trace|
|Remotely delete data from a device||Remotely delete data from a device|
|Enable auto-delete functionality for computers||Enable auto-delete for computers|
|Configure certificates for iOS devices||Configure certificates for iOS devices|
|Configure Geofencing policy for your organization||Configure Geofencing policy for your organization|