As an administrator, you can download a user's backed up data on your device, provided the user's privacy settings allows you.
For download, you can use Search to easily find particular files and then download the selected files.
When an administrator or a user downloads data, Druva inSync automatically detects the operating system and downloads the data in the appropriate archive format. On Mac OS, now the data is automatically downloaded in the .tar.gz or .tar archive format, and on the Windows OS, the data is downloaded in the .zip archive format.
Note: On Windows OS, if the compressed zip file size is too large, you may experience error unzipping the file using Windows Explorer. In such scenarios, you may choose another utility to unzip such large data sets.
To download a user's data
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Users.
- Select the user whose data you want to download.
- Click Restore Data and then select the data source - user device or Cloud App under protection from which you want to download the user data.
- On the Restore Data window,
- Select the snapshot from which you want to restore the data.
- Browse and select the files or folders that you want to restore
Alternatively, you can use Search to search for files that you want to restore.
- Click Download.
The selected data is downloaded to the default download location on your device.