A snapshot is a point in time image of the backup folders and indicates the state of the backup folders at a particular point of time. inSync creates a snapshot while backing up a user device. It contains the list of files and folders that inSync backed up.
To view the snapshot on a user device or their Cloud App account,
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Users.
- Click on a user's Name whose snapshots you want to view.
- On the user details page, click the Backups tab.
- Select the Datasource for which you want to view the snapshot details.
- Under the Snapshot area, all the snapshots are listed along-with the details.
If displayed, hover over the icons beside the snapshot to know more about that particular snapshot.
Field Description Snapshot The date and time when the snapshot was generated. Size The size of the snapshot. # Files backed up The number of files backed up as part of the backup. # Files Missed The number of files missed as part of the backup.
The most recent snapshot of a device cannot be deleted as long as the User/Device exists in the inSync Management console, regardless the User/Device is marked as inactive or disabled.