We recommend using WiFi for backups from mobile devices. However, you can configure inSync to backup data from mobile devices over cellular data networks when WiFi is not available. You can manage the resource consumption for inSync through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
Note: If cellular data is on, carrier charges may apply.
Note: You can allow backup over cellular networks through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To allow backup over cellular data networks
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to allow backup over cellular data networks.
- On the General tab Select the Enable mobile backup check box.
- On the Devices tab, click Schedule & Retention > Edit. The Edit Device Backup Configuration window appears.
- Click Mandatory from the adjacent list.
- Select the Use data network if WiFi isn't available check box.
- Click Save