As an administrator, you can allow inSync users to block specific networks from backing up data.
For example, allow inSync users to block backups on data card, personal mobile hotspots, or Mi-Fi devices when traveling to minimize the personal hotspot or Mi-Fi data usage and costs.
If the user adds a specific network in the Blocked Networks list and uses the same network to connect the organization resources through VPN, it is inSync’s expected behavior to allow backup through the blocked network. To disable backups, while they are connected to VPN through a blocked network, contact Druva Support.
- inSync users will be able to opt out of networks with subnet mask of 24 bit or more only.
- This feature is available only to users who have inSync Client version 5.6 or above running on their devices.
To allow users to opt out of specific network for backups
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the profile for which you want to allow users to opt out or restrict networks for backups.
- On the Devices tab, click User Settings > Edit. The Edit Device Backup Configuration window appears.
- Select the Allow users to opt out of networks for backup check box.
- Click Save.