inSync Cloud Editions: Elite Plus Elite Enterprise Business
There are two ways in which you can allow users to define backup interval for mobile devices:
- Make backup from mobile devices optional. Users can decide if they want to back up from their mobile device and specify the backup interval.
- Make backup from mobile device mandatory and allow users to modify the interval. Users can specify the frequency.
Note: You can allow users to configure the mobile backup intervals through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To make backup from mobile device mandatory and allow users to define the backup interval
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to make backup from mobile device mandatory and allow users to define the backup interval.
- On the General tab Select the Enable mobile backup check box.
- On the Devices tab, click User Settings > Edit. The Edit Device Backup Configuration window appears
- Select the Add content & edit settings (smartphones & tablets) check box.
- Click Save