As an administrator, you can enforce backup from a device when a user is shutting it down or is logging off. In such cases, the device shuts down or system logs the user out only after backup is complete.
- You can manage enforce backups only through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
- This feature is only applicable for inSync Client running on Windows devices.
To enforce backup for user devices before log off or shutdown
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the profile for which you want to enforce backup for user devices before log off or shutdown.
- On the Devices tab, under Schedule & Retention, click Backup Schedule > Laptops & Desktops > Edit. The Edit Device Backup Configuration window appears.
- Select the Backup at logoff / shutdown check box.
- Click Save