As an inSync administrator, you must have configured backup schedule to control when backup should happen on user devices as described in About backup schedule for devices. By default, the backup schedules work in the user time zone. However, you might want to synchronize backups on user devices according to your (inSync administrator) time zone.
For example, after synchronizing backups according to administrator zone, if the administrator timezone is New York (EDT) and the Preferred backup window time is set to start at 8:00 A.M., backups will start from 5:00 AM for user devices in Los Angeles (PDT).
inSync backs up the devices associated to this profile as per the administrator time zone who updated the profile and selected the Use admin time zone option.
To synchronize backup schedule of all devices with inSync administrator timezone.
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the profile for which you want to synchronize backups according to your timezone.
- On the Devices tab, under Schedule & Retention, click Backup Schedule > Laptops & Desktops > Edit. The Edit Device Backup Configuration window appears.
- Under Backup Window area, select Use admin time zone.
- Verify and set the Backup Schedule configuration. For more information, see About backup schedule for devices.
- Click Save