You can add custom folders for backup by following the guidelines. For more information, see Configure custom folders for backup.
- You can configure custom folders for backup through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
- inSync users cannot edit or remove the folders configured by inSync administrators for backup through inSync Client.
- inSync does not backup network location due to VSS limitation.
To add a custom folder
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the profile for which you want to configure custom folders for backup.
- Click the Devices tab, click User Settings > Edit. The Edit Device Backup Configuration window appears.
- Click the platform for which you want to configure the backup folders. For example, if you want to configure backup folders for Windows, click the Windows tab.
- Click the +Add Folder link.
- Provide appropriate details on the following:
Field Action Folder to be backed up Type the path to the custom folder. Backup folder
Update the name of the folder. The name of the folder appears when you specify the path to the folder.
This is an optional box.
Include Files Type or select the file types that you want to back up. If a file type does not appear in the list, type the file extension in the box that appears beside Include Files box. Ensure that you separate consecutive entries using a semicolon (;) and there is no white space between two entries. Exclude Files
Type or select the file types that you want to exclude from backup. If a file type does not appear in the list, type the file extension in the box that appears beside Exclude Files box. Ensure that you separate consecutive entries using a semicolon (;) and there is no white space between two entries.
Note: Entries in this field overrides the entries in the Include Files box.
Exclude Paths Type the path to the files and folders that you want to exclude from backups.
- Click Save.