While configuring a profile in inSync, you can specify the folders that should be mandatorily backed up on all the user devices. This helps administrators to backup specific folders that contain organization-specific or user specific critical data.
- You, inSync administrator, can configure folders for backup through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
- inSync users cannot edit or remove the folders configured by inSync administrators for backup through inSync Client.
- inSync does not backup network location due to VSS limitation.
To configure folders for backup
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the profile for which you want to configure folders for backup.
- Click the Devices tab, and then click Edit. The Edit Device Backup Configuration window appears.
- Click the platform for which you want to configure the backup folders. For example, if you want to configure backup folders for Windows, click the Windows tab.
- Select the folders that you want to back up.
- Provide the appropriate information for each field.
Field Action Include Files
Type or select the file types that you want to back up. If a file type does not appear in the list, type the file extension in the box that appears beside Include Files box. Ensure that you separate consecutive entries using a semicolon (;) and there is no white space between two entries.
Type or select the file types that you want to exclude from backup. If a file type does not appear in the list, type the file extension in the box that appears beside Exclude Files box. Ensure that you separate consecutive entries using a semicolon (;) and there is no white space between two entries.
Note: Entries in this field overrides the entries in the Include Files box.
Exclude Paths Type the relative path for the files and folders that you want to exclude from backups.
- Click Save.