While configuring a profile in inSync, you can specify the folders that should be mandatorily backed up on all the user devices. This helps administrators to backup specific folders that contain organization specific or user specific critical data.
- You, inSync administrator, can configure folders for backup through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
- inSync users cannot edit or remove the folders configured by inSync administrators for backup through inSync Client.
- inSync does not backup network location due to VSS limitation.
To configure folders for backup
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the profile for which you want to configure folders for backup.
- Click the Devices tab, click Laptops & Desktops > Edit. The Edit Device Backup Configuration window appears.
- Click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Click the platform for which you want to configure the backup folders. For example, if you want to configure backup folders for Windows, click the Windows tab.
- Select the folders that you want to back up.
- Provide the appropriate information for each field.
Field Action Include Files
Type or select the file types that you want to back up. If a file type does not appear in the list, type the file extension in the box that appears beside Include Files box. Ensure that you separate consecutive entries using a semicolon (;) and there is no white space between two entries.
Type or select the file types that you want to exclude from backup. If a file type does not appear in the list, type the file extension in the box that appears beside Exclude Files box. Ensure that you separate consecutive entries using a semicolon (;) and there is no white space between two entries.
Note: Entries in this field overrides the entries in the Include Files box.
Exclude Paths Type the relative path for the files and folders that you want to exclude from backups.
- Click Save.