This topic provides information about how you can install and configure the MobileIron Mobile@Work Client on an iOS device.
Before you begin
Before you download the MobileIron Mobile@Work Client from the App Store, ensure that you have your user credentials and the MobileIron Server URL. You require this information to log on to the MobileIron app. If you do not have this information, contact your MobileIron administrator.
Device compatibility matrix
The following table lists the OS platforms, OS versions, and devices with which the inSync for MobileIron app is compatible.
|Mobile OS Platform||OS Versions||Compatible with|
||iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch|
To install and configure the Mobile@Work client
- On an iOS device, download and install the MobileIron Mobile@Work Client from the App Store.
- Open the MobileIron app.
- In the User Name box, type the user name, and then tap Next. This is your MobileIron user name.
- In the Server box, type the MobileIron server URL of your organization, and then tap Next. If you do not have the required URL, contact your IT administrator.
- In the Password box, type the password, and then tap Register. The Updating Configuration window appears.
- Tap OK. The Profile Service window appears.
- Tap Install. The Install Profile window appears.
- Tap Install Now. The MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT window appears.
- Tap Install.
- After the profile is installed, tap Done. The secured appstore.mobileiron.net browser appears.
- Tap inSync for MobileIron.
- Tap Request. The App Installation window appears.
- Tap Install. The inSync for MobileIron app is downloaded on the iOS device.
- Open the inSync for MobileIron. The inSync for MobileIron Would Like to Send You Push Notifications window appears.
If you want inSync for MobileIron app to send you push notifications, tap OK.
If you do not want inSync for MobileIron app to send you push notifications, tap Don’t Allow.
- Tap Done.
The inSync Master searches for the email ID. If it finds a match, the user authentication for the inSync for MobileIron app is successful. If the inSync Master does not find a match for the email ID or if the IMD token does not match, the user authentication fails and the inSync Mobile App login window appears. For more information on how to log on to the inSync Mobile App, see Log on to the inSync Mobile App.