After creating the AirWatch configuration and security policies, you download and install the inSync mobile app's .ipa file along with the policies to the iOS device.
You can install the inSync mobile app in either of the following methods:
- From the iOS device
- From the AirWatch Portal
From the iOS device
To install the inSync mobile app to iOS device,
- Access the iOS device.
- From the downloaded apps, select Catalog.
Once the device is enrolled, the Catalog is downloaded automatically on the iOS device. The Catalog displays all the applications that are shared from the AirWatch MDM application.
Select inSync mobile app. The app gets downloaded and installed to your iOS device.
From the AirWatch Portal
To install the inSync mobile app from the AirWatch Portal,
- Log on to the AirWatch Portal by entering https://apidev.awmdm.com/ in the web browser.
- On the left pane, click Apps & Books. The List View page appears.
- Select the inSync mobile app that you want to install. The Details view for the app appears.
- Click Devices tab. The list of iOS devices appears.
- Select the iOS device on which you want to install the inSync mobile app, and then click Install.
- On the popup that request to confirm sending the app installation request to the selected device, click OK. You receive a notification at the iOS device that AirWatch administrator wants to install the inSync mobile app to your device.
- Click Install to confirm the installation of the inSync mobile app.
The inSync mobile app gets installed to the iOS device. Once the app is installed, launch the inSync mobile app from your iOS device. You are not required to enter the login credentials again. The inSync mobile app will authenticate with the AirWatch Server, acquire your login information, and then launch the inSync mobile app on your iOS device.