You link the inSync Mobile App for Android devices with AirWatch Server. The AirWatch Server will directly add the latest inSync Mobile App for Android devices to the Server.
You can then configure the inSync Mobile App with the required policies and push the inSync Mobile App to the Android devices of users. You can easily push updated configuration policies from AirWatch to the inSync Mobile App on the Android device. This ensures that the inSync Mobile App is updated without user intervention.
Before you begin
Before you link the inSync Mobile App to the AirWatch Server, ensure the following:
- You have an AirWatch account.
- You have created the Druva inSync user accounts for the inSync Mobile App users.
If you have an inSync On-Premises account, for more information on how you can add users, see Add and manage users.
If you have an Druva inSync Cloud account, for more information on how you can add users, see Add and manage users.
To link the inSync Mobile App for Android devices with the AirWatch Server,
- Log on to the AirWatch Portal by entering https://apidev.awmdm.com/ in the web browser.
- On the left pane, click Apps & Books. The List View page appears.
- Under the Public tab, click Add Application. The Add Application dialog box appears.
- At the Add Application dialog box, provide the following details:
Field Description Managed By
Enter the name of the organization that manages the application. For example, Druva Inc.
Platform Select Android as the OS for the inSync Mobile App. Source
If you do not have the link to the inSync Mobile App for Android devices, perform the following steps:
- Click Search App Store for the AirWatch Server to automatically search for the app.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the application. For example, Druva inSync.
- Click Next.
If you know the URL for the inSync Mobile App, perform the following steps:
- Click Enter URL.
- In the Enter URL field, enter the URL for the inSync Mobile App.
- Click Next.
- From the search results that appear, select Druva inSync > Select. The Add Assignment dialog box opens.
In the Add application dialog box, click Assignment.
From the Assigned Smart Groups list, select the group to which the inSync Mobile App must be assigned to.
Click Save & Publish.
The inSync Mobile App gets connected to AirWatch Server.