To deploy inSync CloudCache Server for your inSync setup, you must first add inSync CloudCache Server by using inSync Master Management Console. inSync Cloud generates a registration key for each inSync CloudCache Server that you add. This key acts as a unique identifier to establish a connection between inSync Cloud and inSync CloudCache Server. If you are using a proxy server, you can add the proxy server details to the inSync CloudCache Server configuration file. The inSync CloudCache Server connects to the Cloud Master and Cloud Storage through a proxy server. After you install inSync CloudCache Server, you must use this registration key to register the server.
Note: You must install inSync CloudCache Server within your organization's firewalls.
Step 1 of 5: Enable inSync CloudCache Server
To enable inSync CloudCache Server, submit a request to Druva Support .
Step 2 of 5: Add inSync CloudCache Server
To add inSync CloudCache Server
- On the computer where you want to install inSync CloudCache Server, open a browser, and then log on to inSync Admin Console. For more information, see Log on to inSync Master Management Console.
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > CloudCache Servers. The Manage CloudCache Servers page appears.
- Click Add New CloudCache Server. The Add New CloudCache Server window appears.
- To copy the registration key to your clipboard, click Copy Key.
- In a text editor, paste the key that you copied in step 4.
- To download the inSync CloudCache Server installer, click Download & install CloudCache Server.
- Click Done.
Step 3 of 5: Install inSync CloudCache Server
Before you begin
Ensure you have the administrator privileges on the computer where you want to install the inSync CloudCache Server.
To install inSync CloudCache Server
- Double-click the inSync CloudCache Server installer. The CloudCache Server Installation wizard appears. Click Next.
- Accept the License Agreement, and then click Next.
- In the Install Location box, type the path to the installation home directory or click Browse to select the location of the installation home directory.
- (Optional) If you want the inSync CloudCache Server shortcut icon to appear on your desktop, select the Desktop shortcut check box.
If you want to add the inSync CloudCache Server icon to the Quick Launch toolbar on your computer, select the Add to quick launch bar check box.
- Click Install.
- After the installation completes, click Finish.
Note: You can view the version of the inSync CloudCache Server that you have installed, in the inSyncCacheServer.log file located in the C:\inSyncCacheServer directory.
(Optional) Step 4 of 5: Add the Proxy Server Details to the inSync CloudCache Server Configuration File
Before you begin
The inSync Cache Server service creates the inSyncCacheServer.cfg file at C:\inSyncCacheServer. Ensure that this file is created before you proceed.
Note: inSync CloudCache Server cannot connect to inSync Master using pre-defined system proxy settings. You must manually add the Proxy Server details in the inSync CloudCache Server configuration file.
To add the proxy server details
- On the computer where you installed the inSync CloudCache Server, stop the Druva inSync Cache Server service.
- Open the inSync CloudCache Configuration file (C:\inSyncCacheServer\inSyncCacheServer.cfg) in a text editor, such as Notepad.
- In the inSync CloudCache Server configuration file, add the following parameters and their respective proxy server details.
Parameter Description PROXY_SERVER
PROXY_SERVER = "IPorFQDN:PORT"
IPorFQDN is the IP address or the FQDN of the proxy server.
PORT is the port number for the proxy server that is using HTTP, SOCKS4, or SOCKS5.
PROXY_SERVER = “192.168.54.100:1080”
WPAD_URL = "PACFILE_URL"
PACFILE_URL Is the location of the PAC file for your proxy server.
TYPE is the protocol that is being used by your proxy server. inSync supports HTTP, SOCKS4, and SOCKS5 proxy protocols.
Note: If you do not specify this parameter, by default, the proxy type is set to SOCKS5.
USER is the user name required for authentication at the proxy server. This is required only if you are using a proxy server that requires authentication.
PASSWD is the password required for authentication at the proxy server. This is required only if you are using a proxy server that requires authentication.
- Save the inSyncCacheServer.cfg file.
- Start the inSync Cache Server service.
Step 5 of 5: Register inSync CloudCache Server
To register inSync CloudCache Server
- Hover the mouse cursor in the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- Search for the Druva inSync CloudCache Server Configuration app, and then click the app. The Druva inSync Cache Server Configuration wizard appears.
- Provide the appropriate information for each field.
Field Description CloudCache Server name Type the name of the inSync CloudCache Server that you want to register. Registration key Type or paste the registration key that you copied in step 4 of add inSync CloudCache Server. This Server's IP Address
Indicates the IP address that inSync clients use to communicate with the inSync CloudCache Server.
- Ensure that you assign a static IP address to the inSync CloudCache Server.
- In case, you need to update the IP address assigned to the inSync CloudCache Server, contact Druva Support.
Cloud URL Type the URL to access the inSync Master Management Console.
- If you want to access inSync Cloud, type cloud.druva.com.
- If you want to access GovCloud, type govcloud.druva.com.
- Click Register. The Cloud CacheServer Status page appears.
- If you successfully registered your inSync CloudCache Server, the message Successfully Connected appears. Click Close.
If your registration was not successful, the message Registration Failed appears. Click Retry, and then repeat steps 3 to 5.