inSync allows you to delete an existing AD/LDAP Mapping that you had earlier created to import users in inSync. Deleting an AD/LDAP Mapping only deletes the AD/LDAP Mapping in inSync.
The users that were imported using the AD/LDAP Mapping continue to exist in inSync, and experience the following behavior,
- If you have configured inSync to automatically preserve unmapped users,
- The users that are not part of any other AD/LDAP Mapping defined in inSync are moved to 'Preserved' state.
- If users are part of any other AD/LDAP Mapping defined in inSync, such users are automatically enabled.
Note: inSync automatically preserves users based on the Auto sync interval configured.
- If you have not configured inSync to automatically preserve unmapped users,
- The users that are part of deleted AD/LDAP Mapping, continue to be in the same state, that is, either in Active or Preserved state.
Thus, before deleting an AD/LDAP Mapping in inSync, ensure you define proper behavior for inSync to automatically preserve unmapped users.
To delete an AD/LDAP Mapping
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Users > Deployment.
- On the AD/LDAP page, click the Mappings tab. A list of AD/LDAP Mapping appears.
- Select the AD/LDAP Mapping that you want to delete and click Delete Mapping from the more options button. A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click Delete Mapping to delete the AD/LDAP Mapping.