If you do not want to automatically import users from your Active Directory (AD) or LDAP at regular intervals, you can create an AD/LDAP mapping and manually start the import user process at suitable intervals.
When you create users by manually importing their details from your AD/LDAP, you can configure the following properties:
- Login password: You can enforce users to use their AD/LDAP password to log on to inSync Client or inSync Web. Alternatively, you can configure Druva inSync to generate unique passwords for new users.
- Disabling unmapped users: You can configure Druva inSync to query your AD/LDAP at regular intervals and deactivate users who were removed from your AD/LDAP.
Manual import configuration process
The following table describes the multi-step configuration process to manually import user details from your AD/LDAP at regular intervals.
Install and configure the inSync Connector.
For more information on installing the inSync Connector, see Install or upgrade inSync Connector.
For more information on configuring the inSync Connector, see Configure the inSync Connector.
Register the Active Directory from which you want to import user details. For more information, see Register your Active Directory.
Ensure that every user has their email address configured in your AD/LDAP. Druva inSync does not import users who do not have an email address configured in your AD/LDAP.
Create or identify the profile for the users who you are importing from your AD/LDAP. For more information on creating a profile, see Create a profile.
If you plan to use the AD/LDAP password method for user login:
Create the AD/LDAP mapping that is required to import users from your AD/LDAP. For more information, see Create an Active Directory Mapping.
When creating the AD/LDAP mapping, ensure that you do not select the Auto import new users check box on the Druva inSync Configuration page of the wizard.
|Step 5||Configure the frequency at which Druva inSync must query your AD/LDAP for deleted users. For more information, see Configure the user import or sync frequency.|
|Step 6||When required, start the user import process. For more information, see Start the user import process.|
To start the user import process
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Users > Deployment.
- On the AD/LDAP page, under the Mappings tab, select the AD/LDAP mapping that you want to use to import user details.
- Click Import New Users. The Import Users window appears.
- Under the Select Users for Import tab, select the check box for each user that you want to import.
If you want to view all the users that you have selected for import, click the Selected Users tab.
Note: You can search for specific users, that you want to import, by typing their User Name in the Search user box.
- Click Import Users. The list of imported users appears.
- (Optional) Send password by email to selected users.
- To send an activation email to users, enable the Send password by email to selected users checkbox. Users who receive the activation email can install and activate the inSync Client on their devices.
- Click Import Users.