inSync enables you to schedule an automatic update of user details at a defined interval. It is applicable for all the users imported in inSync using AD/LDAP Mappings.
The following information is automatically updated when you enable Auto update user details setting in inSync,
- inSync user name
- inSync user email address
- inSync user AD/LDAP user name
The frequency for a scan is defined by Auto sync interval under AD/LDAP settings.
- inSync updates the user name only if the CN (Common Name) or UPN of the user based on the AD/LDAP Mapping configuration.
- You can only synchronize user details for whom you imported using your AD/LDAP. You cannot synchronize user details whom you added individually or through a CSV file.
- When enabled, this setting is applicable to all the AD/LDAP Mappings defined in inSync.
To enable automatic synchronization of inSync user details with your AD/LDAP,
- On the inSync Management Console, click Manage > Deployments > AD/LDAP. AD/LDAP page with details of existing AD/LDAP Mappings appears.
- Click the AD/LDAP Settings tab.
- In the AD/LDAP Settings area, and click Edit.
- Select the Auto update user details check box.
- Click Ok.
inSync now automatically, at the defined interval, queries your AD/LDAP for user details and updates it in inSync.