inSync enables you to automatically synchronize inSync users with your Active Directory (AD) or LDAP.
When configured, inSync automatically, at a defined interval, queries your AD/LDAP and preserves any inSync user who has been disabled in your AD/LDAP.
Frequency for scan is defined by Auto sync interval under AD/LDAP settings.
Also, during the scan, inSync automatically identifies and enables users, who are currently preserved in inSync, but now enabled in AD/LDAP or fall under an AD/LDAP Mapping defined in inSync.
- You can only synchronize users whom you imported using your AD/LDAP. You cannot synchronize users whom you added individually or through a CSV file.
- When enabled, this setting is applicable to all the AD/LDAP Mappings defined in inSync.
- Only inSync users which are auto-preserved are marked as Active as part of auto-sync process. Deleted users cannot be enabled again.
To enable automatic synchronization of inSync users with your AD/LDAP,
- On the inSync Management Console, click Manage > Deployments > AD/LDAP. AD/LDAP page with details of existing AD/LDAP Mappings appears.
- Click the AD/LDAP Settings tab.
- In the AD/LDAP Settings area, and click Edit.
- Select the Auto preserve unmapped users check box.
- Click Ok.
inSync now automatically, at the defined interval, queries your AD/LDAP for user details and preserves any inSync user who has been disabled or removed from your AD/LDAP.