Install inSync Connector
Before you begin
Before you install inSync Connector, ensure the following:
- inSync Connector must connect to Active Directory server directly and not through a proxy server.
- inSync Connector can establish connection to inSync Cloud directly or through a proxy server. To connect inSync Connector with inSync Cloud through a proxy server, see Configure the inSync Connector.
The following table lists the hardware prerequisites to install inSync Connector. The connector's footprint is very low, which means that almost any hardware can support the Connector.
|CPU||1 GHz or faster|
|Disk Space||16 GB|
The following table lists the software prerequisites to install inSync Connector.
Note: If you have installed the previous version of the inSync Connector on a 32-bit Windows computer, you cannot upgrade your inSync Connector. You must install and configure the latest inSync Connector.
To install inSync Connector
- Open a browser on the computer where you want to install inSync Connector.
- Log on to inSync Management Console.
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click > Settings.
- Click the Connectors tab.
- In the Connectors area, click the Download and install Connector link.
- After you download the inSync Connector installer, double-click the installer. The installation wizard appears.
- Enter the appropriate information on the wizard and complete the installation procedure.
The inSync Connector is installed. You can now configure the connector. For more information, see Configure the inSync Connector.
Upgrade inSync Connector
To upgrade inSync Connector
- On the computer where you want to upgrade the connector, download the latest inSync Connector installer.
- Double-click the installer. The installation wizard appears.
- Enter the appropriate information on the wizard and complete the upgrade procedure.
The inSync Connector is upgraded and functional. You do not need to reconfigure the inSync Connector.