You can allow users to install and activate inSync on their devices. You can also set restrictions on the number of devices on which users can activate inSync. If you do not want to allow users to activate inSync, you must install and activate inSync for all users.
Note: You can allow individual users to activate inSync through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To allow users to activate inSync
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the profile you want to allow users to activate inSync.
- Under the Devices tab > User Settings, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- If you want to allow users to add laptops, select the Allow users to add devices check box.
- If you want to set restrictions on the number of devices on which users can activate inSync, type a value in the Max. devices per user box.
- Click Save.
Allow users to activate inSync when device host name is same
During device activation, inSync checks if the user has another device activated in inSync. In which case, it prompts the user to replace the device if any existing device has the same host name, serial number, or UUID as the current device.
If any of the device parameters do not match, inSync gives the user the option to either add the device as a new device or replace an existing device.
By default, inSync checks for a host name match. If you want to disable this option so that users can add a device despite a host name match, contact Druva Support.
During integrated mass deployment (IMD v3 and v4), if the option is enabled, inSync automatically replaces the device without prompting the user.