This article provides instructions on how a Druva Cloud administrator and an inSync Cloud administrator can reset the account password for other inSync administrators.
When a Cloud administrator resets the password, inSync sends an email containing a link to reset the password to the inSync administrator who has requested for password reset.
- Only a Druva Cloud administrator and an inSync Cloud administrator can reset the password for other inSync administrators.
- The password reset link is valid only for 24 hours.
- On the inSync Management Console, click > Administrators. The Manage Administrators page is displayed.
- Click the administrator for whom you want to reset the password.
- Click Reset Password.
- Click Yes in the message window displayed. inSync sends an email with a link to reset the password to the inSync administrator.
The link to reset the password is valid for 24 hours only. If the password link expires before the password is reset, the administrator can resend the invitation email.
The following image illustrates the contents of a sample email sent to the administrator.
After receiving the password reset email, the user needs to click the password link and enter the new password in the Setup Password window, then click Submit to reset the password.
The following entries are generated in the Admin Audit Trails under All Activities when:
- The inSync Cloud or GovCloud administrator initiates a reset password for another administrator.
- The password for the administrator (who had requested the reset), is reset successfully.