You can preserve a user in inSync at any point of time. Such users cannot backup any more data. inSync marks the users as preserved users, which are preserved using any of the following technique:
- Preserved manually by an administrator.
- Preserved automatically through AD/LDAP sync process.
By default, there is a limitation to the number of users that you can mark as preserved. The number of users that you can preserve is dependent on the number of preserved user licenses purchased by your organization. For more information on how to preserve a user, see Preserve Users.
As a Cloud administrator, using auto-delete preserved users feature, you can control the number of preserved users in inSync by automatically deleting preserved users after a certain duration, specified in number of days.
When enabled, inSync automatically deletes users which are marked as preserved.
- Once the user is auto-deleted, data of that user is also deleted from inSync. You cannot recover this deleted data again.
- User data is retained or deleted based on the backup retention policy you have defined through profiles.
- If a preserved user is under Legal Hold, such user will not be deleted.
- If a preserved user has shared data with guest users and has guest user accounts having access to the data, such user will not be deleted.
To enable auto-deletion of preserved users
- On the inSync Management Console, click Profiles.
- Click the profile for which you want to enable auto-deletion of preserved users.
- Click the General tab.
- In the Data Preservation area, click Edit.
- Select the Auto delete preserved users check box.
- In the Auto Delete after box, type the number of days after which the user and their data should be automatically deleted from inSync.
- The users to be auto-deleted must be in Preserved state for a minimum of 30 days and maximum 366 days.
- If a user has been in Preserved state for 30 days and the number of days mentioned in the Delete preserved users after box is also 30, then, this user will be deleted during the next deletion job. Auto deletion is triggered everyday at UTC 9:00:00.
- Click Save.
inSync profile is updated with the changes. inSync automatically deletes preserved users in this profile, based on the days specified, and if the user is not on Legal Hold.
Note: Before deleting a preserved user, inSync checks for the user account across the AD/LDAP Connectors mapped with Druva (independent of whether an AD mapping exists or not). If the user is found and is active, inSync does not delete the preserved user. inSync deletes the preserved user only if the account is in disabled status or account is not found.
inSync provides you information on the Preserved users in inSync through Preserved Users report.
inSync sends alerts to administrators if user preservation fails in inSync, because of insufficient Preserved Users license. For more information, see Alerts.