This article provides instructions on how a Druva Cloud administrator and an inSync Cloud administrator can reset the account password for a user.
When an administrator resets the password, inSync sends an email with a password reset link to the user.
Note: The password reset link is valid only for 24 hours.
- Login to the inSync Management Console.
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Users. The Manage Users page appears.
- Select the user whose password you want to reset.
- Click More > Reset Password. The Reset Password window appears.
- (Optional) Update the subject and body of the reset password email.
- Click Reset Password. inSync sends an email with a link to reset the new password to the inSync user.
This link is valid for 24 hours. If the password reset link expires before the password is reset, the inSync administrator can resend the invitation email.
After receiving the password reset email, the user needs to click the password link and enter the new password in the Setup Password window, then click Submit to reset the password.
The following entries are generated in the Admin Audit Trails under All Activities when:
- The inSync Cloud or GovCloud administrator initiates a reset password for the user.
- The inSync Cloud or GovCloud user's password is reset successfully.