Guidelines for creating the CSV file
If you create the CSV file using a text editor, follow these guidelines:
- The first line in the CSV file should be Username, Email. The entry in the first line is not imported.
- Use one of the following formats to define the username: John Doe, "John Doe", or "Doe, John". Do not use Doe, John (a comma separating the name, but without the double quotes) to define the username.
- Make sure that the CSV file does not contain non-breaking spaces (Unicode U+00A0).
- Use ASCII characters in the CSV file. If you must use non-ASCII characters, make sure you use UTF-8 encoding while saving the CSV file.
The CSV import wizard contains a sample CSV file. You can download the file and open it in a spreadsheet application, replace the sample usernames and emails with your organization's usernames and emails, and then upload the modified file.
Before you begin
Before you add users by importing information from a CSV file, ensure the following:
- You or an administrator created the profile that you want to assign to the user.
- You created the storage where you want inSync to back up the user data.
A CSV file containing the display names of the users and their corresponding email addresses is created.
To create users by importing a CSV file
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Users.
- Click Import > Import from CSV. The CSV Import window appears.
- On the CSV File window, browse and select the CSV file that contains user information.
- On the Select Users to Import window, select the check box for users that you want to import, and then click Next.
- On the Select Profile and Storage window, provide the following information.
Field Action Profile Click the profile that you want to assign to the users. Storage or Storage Pool
Click the storage where you want inSync to backup data.
Quota for the users Click the quota that you want to assign to the users.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Send activation emails to users or download their activation keys.
- If you want to send activation email to users, select the user names and then click Send Passwords By Email.
- If you want to download activation keys for users, select their user names and click Save Keys.
- Click Done.
Note: Users who receive the activation email can install and activate inSync on their devices. You must activate inSync for those users whose activation keys you downloaded. You can choose to not send activation emails or download activation keys for the users you selected. To send activation emails to such users, reset their passwords. You can also choose to activate inSync at a later time.