As an inSync administrator, you can add users individually to inSync using the management console. This option of adding users is useful when you have a single or few users that are manageable and can be added manually.
inSync also gives you the option to add users using API. Detailed information is available at the Developer’s Documentation Portal -https://developer.druva.com.
Before you begin
Before you add users, ensure the following:
- You or an administrator created the profile that you want to assign to the user.
- You created the storage where you want inSync to back up the user data.
- Login to the Druva Cloud Platform Console and click Dashboard.
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Users.
- Click Create New. The Create New User window appears.
- Provide the appropriate information in each field. See, Fields in the Create New User window.
- Click Create User.
The new user receives an email containing the inSync credentials.
Fields in the Create New User window
|Email address||Type the email address of the user.|
Type the display name for the user.
|Profile||Click the profile to which you want to associate the user.|
Click a storage where you want inSync to back up the user data. If you do not select a storage, inSync selects the storage where inSync backs up the user's data.
Type the maximum data that the backup and share folder of the user's devices can contain. If the data exceeds the quota, backup or share operations from user devices fail. If you do not want to set any restriction on the amount of data that the user can back up or share, type 0 (zero).
Note: By default, the quota assigned to the profile is set as the user quota. You can assign a different quota for the user that you are creating. If you update the user quota, updates that administrators make to the profile quota are not applicable for this user.
|Subject||If you want to update the subject of the account activation email, type the new content in the Subject box.|
If you want to update the body of the account activation email, type the new content in the Body box.