You can configure inSync to use Single Sign-on (SSO) to authenticate and authorize users based on your Active Directory (AD).
By default, inSync uses the email address as the unique identifier of a user in your organization. inSync uses the email address attribute of the user trying to gain access to inSync, in the request to your AD, and provides or rejects access based on the response received.
Now, inSync provides an option to configure Uniform Universal Personal Identification Code (UUPIC) to identify users in your organization. As part of auto-import users process, inSync obtains UUPICs for users defined in the AD Mappings.
- Contact Druva Support to enable this configuration for you.
- inSync obtains and uses your users UUPIC value ONLY to identify and authorize users in inSync.
- inSync never displays UUPIC value on the inSync Management Console or inSync Client UI.
- When you configure inSync to use UUPIC value, SSO for administrators is not available. inSync administrators must use inSync password to access inSync Management Console.
To configure inSync to use UUPIC for SSO authentication:
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Users. AD/LDAP page with existing AD/LDAP Mapping list appears.
- Click AD/LDAP Settings tab.
- In the AD/LDAP Settings area, click Edit.
- In the User Identification Attribute box, type the exact name of the custom field for using UUPIC as the unique identifier for authenticating and authorizing users uniquely. For example, employeeNumber.
Click Ok to save the changes.
inSync now uses the UUPIC of your employee to authenticate and authorize users in inSync. Based on the duration specified in Auto sync interval, inSync then automatically triggers a scan to query your AD and obtains user details.
Note: If you do not want to wait for inSync to automatically import users from your AD, you can manually start the import user process. For more information, see Manually import users from your AD.
For additional support on configuring UUPIC as the custom value for SSO, contact Druva Support.