Organizations use a firewall to protect their network from unauthorized access and increased security. When you install inSync in your network, various inSync components use your network to communicate with each other. This section provides information about inSync-related configuration or functionality that you must consider.
To ensure even greater security and firewall management, inSync now directs all communication traffic through a single port, SSL/443, reducing the number of required firewall ports for deployment.
You can use port 443 for the following:
- Backup, restore, and sync operations
- To connect to the inSync Master and access the inSync Master Management Console.
- To connect to the inSync Master and access the inSync Web user interface.
- To connect to the inSync CloudCache Server to temporarily store backup and restore data from inSync clients, and then periodically sync data to inSync Cloud.
- To integrate your organization’s Active Directory (AD)/LDAP with inSync.