inSync 5.8 CU5 Patch 1
The following table lists the inSync Cloud updates that are available with the Cloud Push on September 10, 2016.
38147 - After reactivating MAC devices, inSync displayed PDF and Word file type size as zero in the Restore window.
We have applied a patch update, which schedules background tasks on the affected MAC devices. These background tasks will individually fix the issue on the affected devices.
inSync 5.8 CU5
The following table lists the inSync Cloud updates that are available with the Cloud Push on September 03, 2016.
- Legal Hold enhancements
inSync now provides you the ability to assign selective access rights to legal admins. Cloud administrators can now assign different rights to legal administrators such as Create and Manage, View, and Delete. By assigning these rights to legal administrators, you can also restrict their access to selective legal holds. For more information, see Create roles for a legal administrator.
- Capability to manage Cloud App accounts associated with users in inSync
Now, as an inSync administrator, you can trigger backup, enable, disable, or delete Cloud App accounts associated with user accounts. For more information, see Disable, enable, delete or backup a cloud app account.
- Live Activities page - inSync now automatically cancels pending restore requests older than 30 days. Information about such auto-canceled requests is available in Restore Activity report.
- Manage Devices page - A new column, Device OS, is added that displays name and version of the OS running on the device. For more information, see Manage Devices page.
- UI update
We have changed the inSync Management Console dashboard to effectively manage user devices and Cloud App accounts,
- Replaced Devices menu with Data Sources menu, which includes Devices and Cloud Apps sub-menus.
- Devices lists and provides detailed information on all the devices on which inSync Client is installed. For more information, see Manage Devices Page.
- Cloud Apps lists and provides detailed information on all the Cloud Apps accounts of users that inSync is backing up. For more information, see Manage Cloud Apps page.
- Renamed Cloud Apps sub-menu under Manage menu to Cloud App Accounts.
Cloud Apps Accounts page lists all the Cloud Applications with their configuration settings. For more information, see Manage Cloud App Accounts page.
- Information on the Cloud App accounts that are enabled and configured for backup is now available on Users & Devices area on the Dashboard page.
- Renamed Endpoints with Devices in the Backup & Restore Status area on the Dashboard page.
- Renamed Device Name column to Data Sources in the Details area of Backup Overview page.
- Information and account about Cloud Apps data in inSync is also made available on the following pages,
- Data Utilization area on the inSync Management Console Dashboard page. For more information, see Dashboard page.
- Add new column Cloud Apps Usage on Restore Overview page and Manage Users page.
- Introduced Audit trails for Cloud Apps for administrator activities. For more information, see View audit trail for administrators.
- Backup Overview page, Restore Overview page, Data Insights page, Legal Holds page, Manage Users page, Manage Profiles page, Manage Storage page, Manage Cloud Apps page, and Storage Status report.
||36593 - Live activities page displayed pending restore requests that were too old.
This issue is fixed as part of Live Activities page enhancement described earlier.
- 38109 - MSP Cloud administrator, having seamless access to MSP portal, can be changed to a Legal administrator role.
- 38113 - An error is displayed while trying to modify MSP Cloud administrator details.
- 38089 - If an SSO-enabled legal administrator role is changed to other legal admin role, inSync password of this legal administrator is disabled and thus cannot access WebDAV.
If you want to change the role of SSO-enabled legal administrator to some other legal admin role, do the following:
- Change the legal administrator role to Cloud administrator.
- Now, change the role again from Cloud administrator to the desired legal administrator role.
Note: When you follow the above workaround, that legal administrator’s password is reset. inSync automatically generates a new password and sends it to the legal administrator's email address. Legal administrator must use this new password to access WebDAV.
inSync 5.8 CU4
This inSync Cloud update released on August 20, 2016 has minor bug fixes.
inSync 5.8 CU3
The following table lists the inSync Cloud updates that are available with the Cloud Push on August 06, 2016.
- Search user using email address
inSync administrators can now search information of a particular user using their email address in the Search box located at the top-right corner of inSync Management Console.
Search box is available on Dashboard page, Backup Overview page, Restore Overview page, Share Overview page, DLP Overview page, Manage Users page, Live Activities page, CloudCache Server details page, and Compliance page.
- UI Update
With inSync Cloud 5.8 CU-3 update, we have replaced the term 'Disable' in inSync Management Console with the term 'Preserve' for inSync users. This change is inline with our offering of Preserved Users License, introduced earlier, and to maintain consistency across inSync UI.
Proactive Compliance Enhancements
Druva inSync IT and Information Security administrators can now utilize Proactive Compliance to monitor all end-user data across endpoints and Cloud apps for usage of any regulated, sensitive data. Druva’s Customers can now use Proactive Compliance to gain full visibility of risk associated with all end-user data and take remedial actions prior to a data breach thus reducing risk. With proactive compliance enhancements, customers will now benefit from the below-listed features:
Intuitive Dashboard, Simplified Administration and Powerful Admin Controls
Access to a simplified dashboard with a dedicated File and Email view with complete details of violations for every file version and email conversation in their Enterprise
Dedicated non-compliance report for Emails for offline review and investigations
Tamper proof audit trails with complete visibility of Administrative changes to compliance policies
Thresholds for each sensitive data to immediately act on critical violations
Ability to scan files based on MIME types to cover against rogue or malicious end-users trying to change extensions of files with sensitive data
Take actions to resolve compliance violations as per your Incident response process
Support for more regions and pre-defined templates
Support for sensitive data relevant to US, UK, Germany, Australia, and South Africa as well as sensitive data classified as per Global regulations
Download files or Emails for Offline review
For more information, see About inSync Compliance.
- User Principal Name (UPN) support for identification of CloudApp accounts
Now, if you have integrated Active Directory (AD) or LDAP with inSync to manage user information, you can also configure inSync to use the User Principal Name (UPN) of users for identifying and associating them to their Cloud Apps account.
For more information, see Configure user account access settings.
- User Preservation Failed Alert
Now, while preserving a user during Active Directory (AD) sync, if the preservation of an active user fails due to Preserved Users License limit, an alert will be raised.
For more information, see Alert Messages.
inSync 5.8 CU2
The following table lists the inSync Cloud updates that are available since the Cloud Push on June 18, 2016.
Remove device dependency for backing up Cloud Apps data
You can now schedule backups of cloud applications data such as Office 365, Box, or Google Apps, without mandating that the users have at least one endpoint (laptop or desktop) connected at the time of backup. In this case, inSync AD connector acts as a cloud apps connector to provide the keys without requiring users to have their devices connected for the cloud apps backup. At least one AD connector must be in the connected state for the cloud apps backup.
For more information, see About integration with Cloud Applications.
inSync Cloud administrators can now access newly-created files, modified files, and deleted files between a specific date range for the users who are on legal hold. This capability will help customers reduce the amount of data that is ingested in an eDiscovery tool for processing and reviewing. This enhancement will also help those customers who continue to ship hard disk drives to external vendors or counsel for processing and reviewing.
For more information, see Create a legal hold policy and Manage a legal hold policy.
Import CSV to add Custodians to legal hold policy
inSync Cloud administrators and legal administrators can now easily add multiple custodians to a legal hold policy by importing a CSV file. inSync validates and add all the custodians with valid user accounts in inSync to the legal hold policy. Administrators can import up to hundreds of custodians through a CSV file.
For more information, see Create a legal hold policy and Manage a legal hold policy.
- 36878 - Could not back up data from Exchange Online because of malformed JSON response errors during email listing. However, the successful status code 200 was displayed.
inSync 5.8 CU1
The following table lists the inSync Cloud update that were available on June 04, 2016.
LDAP integration with inSync
inSync now supports directory services using LDAP protocol, including OpenLDAP - an open-source implementation.
With LDAP integration, inSync administrators can create users, authenticate users, and synchronize user information with inSync from the LDAP directory.
LDAP integration with inSync comes with an UI update on inSync Management Console as follows:
- Renamed AD Accounts menu tab under > Settings to AD/LDAP Accounts.
- Renamed AD Mappings menu under Manage menu to AD/LDAP Mappings.
- Renamed AD term appearing on inSync Management Console UI toAD/LDAP.
For more information, see Integrate inSync user management with AD/LDAP.
Updated error codes for Legal Hold API
inSync has updated the error codes that get generated based on the request to access legal hold APIs. For more information, see Use legal hold APIs to automate the configuration tasks.
Improvement in time taken to display device location
Previously, the DLP Overview > Traced page that displays the device location took too long to load and display the results. The time taken to display the device location is now improved.
- 36207 - Bulk export functionality did not work, and failed with an internal error.
- 36167 - Profile administrators were not able to cancel an ongoing restore operation for a user.
- 35766 - inSync administrators were unable to delete the SSO settings if ID Provider Certificate field was left blank.SSO settings if ID Provider Certificate field was left blank.